Systems Engineer/Command and Control Analyst Apply HERE
The Systems Engineer will work with a diverse team of HW, SW, and Operational testers to plan, execute, and analyze real-time test results from test events and experiments involving newly developed/evolving IBCS major end items (MEIs), adapted versions of existing weapons and sensors, internal interfaces within the Army IAMD system of systems, and external interfaces with other Army and Joint systems in both live and virtual test environments.
General duties for this position will consist of the 1) supporting the IAMD Joint Analysis Team in developing test objectives, 2) perform as part of the Joint Analysis Team in evaluating test results against objectives, 3) identification of parameters of interest, 4) identifying appropriate stimulus, and 5) performing detailed analyses of test data.
This position requires the Systems Engineer to evaluate all aspects the IAMD IBCS software, as an individual contributor, and in collaboration with other analysts, software developers, engineers and testers. Oral, written, and presentation communication skills are essential. Command and control to include initialization, health and status monitoring, operator interfaces, mission planning, and engagement execution.
- Apply well developed Systems Engineering skills and methodology throughout the life-cycle of a real-time HWIL Government test lab (G-SIL) and work with, and assist, our air missile defense customer in achieving their test goals.
- Apply engineering/scientific method to the definition, design, conduct, and reporting of tests and investigations of distributed composite track management software.
- Plan the assessment and verification of Army Air and Missile Defense systems and systems-of-systems requirements.
- Assist in the definition of test cases and provide technical direction in the preparation of appropriate test stimulus to realize those test cases.
- Recommend specific instrumentation, processing, communication, and data collection requirements for the test environment, satisfy those requirements, and verify implementations.
- Identify key parameters for assessing command and control parameters.
- Support the verification and validation of all tools used for stimulus preparation, run-time instrumentation, post processing of data logs, and analysis. Identify and specify new tools as needs arise.
- Perform independent analysis of the test data, review analysis results from other members of the team, reconcile discrepancies, and organize results for reporting.
Experience with scripting languages and common analysis software and tools (MatLab) are highly desirable.
A bachelor’s degree from ABET accredited college in Engineering (BSCE or BSEE highly desirable), Computer Science, or Math is required. This position requires 5-20 years of overall engineering experience with specific previous experience in current US Army air defense command and control systems and a working knowledge of the IAMD IBCS messaging protocols.
In addition, experience in one or more areas of missile systems, real-time simulations of radar, launcher, and missile systems, composite tracking, sensor registration, Tactical Data Links (e.g. Link-16), Army/Joint Interoperability, distributed simulations using DIS, instrumentation, real-time software systems, scientific method, technical report generation, test data management and analysis, flight test planning, preparation, conduct, and reporting is desired.
Applicants must currently hold (or be able to obtain within reasonable time) a DoD security clearance at the secret level.
G-SIL work is performed primarily in an office or lab environment with adequate environmental (heating/cooling) control. The noise level in the lab work environment will be moderate due to noises associated with computer equipment, equipment racks, and environmental control systems. For some tests, tactical equipment will be operated outdoors in field conditions to include weather extremes and on tactical generator power. Test Range work is performed primarily at the WSMR test range in climate controlled facilities but will occasionally require inspection and setup of equipment outdoors.