Systems Engineer Apply HERE
Signalink, Inc., Madison, AL
Duties and Responsibilities
Signalink is seeking a junior to mid-level systems engineer with a broad knowledge of hardware and software to serve as a product representative for a DoD developed tactical communications radio system. The candidate will represent the U.S. Army’s interests during the acquisition, development, and sustainment phases of the product. The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality with the ability to communicate on a business and technical level with vendors, engineers, junior/senior military personnel, and international partners.
The candidate must possess:
- Solid understanding of military hierarchy
- Knowledge of software and hardware development processes and products
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents or drawings
- Familiarity with binary and hexadecimal numbering systems
- Superior technical writing skills
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Translate user needs into product requirements
- Participate in product development cycle milestone reviews and test events
- Review engineering change proposals to system, software, and hardware requirements specifications and interface control documents
- Contribute to the development of test plans, procedures, and reports
- Identify product design deficiencies, generate problem reports, and track through to problem resolution
- Provide technical assistance to military customers in the operation, maintenance, and repair of the product
- Develop training packages, operator/maintenance manuals, and technical presentations
- Present at large conferences, small technical exchange meetings, and training events
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a recognized engineering field with four (4) or more years of experience in a technical environment.
Highly Desired Technical Skills and Experience
Knowledge of Link 16 or other Tactical Data Links a plus, but not required.
Candidate must have U.S. Citizenship, and the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance. Active Secret preferred.
Travel Required: Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time both CONUS and OCONUS