Systems Administrator – ICOFT Apply HERE
Signalink, Inc., Madison, AL
Duties and Responsibilities
Signalink is seeking a candidate to support the Systems Simulation, Software and Integration Directorate (S3I) in continuation of the Institutional Conduct of Fire Trainer (ICOFT) sustainment and development of the Radar Training Device (RTD).
The ICOFT provides realistic institutional training in all areas of the THAAD Enhanced Operator/Maintainer operations and maintenance tasks for the THAAD Fire Control and Communication (TFCC), Radar, and Launcher components.
The ICOFT replicates the tactical system environment and supports training of the TFCC, Radar, and Launcher tactical software.
Within the training environment, the ICOFT inserts faults and captures, records, grades, and plays back student input. There are four labs that comprise an ICOFT: TSOT Lab, TFCC PTT Lab, TLOTS Lab, and Radar Lab. The RTD provides realistic training in THAAD Enhanced Operator/Maintainer operations, emplacement, and maintenance tasks for the THAAD Radar and includes an Antenna Equipment Unit (AEU), a Cooling Equipment Unit (CEU), and an Electronic Equipment Unit (EEU). The RTD replicates the THAAD Radar to the extent necessary to support the training of the THAAD Interactive Electronic Training Manual (IETM) instructions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain administration of a DoD network, server, and client based operating systems (Windows 7/10, Server 2012R2, Server 2008R2, Solaris, and Red Hat Linux)
- Maintain the enclave environment consisting of: Cisco network, Cisco MDS fiber channel, EMC Data Domain/Avamar, EMC VNXe, Dell servers, VMware/vSphere 6.0, Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft SQL Server, Linux/Unix distributions and Active directory
- Derive systems requirements for future IT systems to support the software development environment
- Evaluate courses of action for system design changes, system improvements, and configuration changes to baseline architecture
- Utilize hypervisor (VMware) & virtualization concepts to develop improved architecture concepts
- Manage a VMware view virtual desktop infrastructure
- Maintain the environmental configuration and security of the testbed
- Maintain compliance with S3I safety standards, facility standards, facility security standards
- Maintain and develop storage and network diagrams, switch router configuration files and course of action/analysis of problems and recommended alternatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field and 4+ years related experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with a laboratory environment
- Security + Continuing Education and a Computing Environment certification
- Experience in the management of VMware view virtual desktop infrastructure design