System Administrator – Linux Apply HERE
The candidate will support Linux System Administration (SA) and Cybersecurity duties for a government Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) lab operating tactical HW in a Test and Analysis environment. Activities include lab infrastructure layout and design, installation of cables/equipment, network integration, operating system installation and necessary management and maintenance to sustain a classified Authority to Operate (ATO) for the lab facility. The selected candidate will primarily support the system administration of the lab’s Linux operating system environments (mostly CentOS), however the candidate may also support other operating system environments as well. The candidate will also support the Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes of Linux operating systems including periodic vulnerability scans, ensuring the Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) are applied periodically to maintain required cybersecurity posture and necessary documentation. The selected candidate will also support the lab’s services such as the domain controllers, group policy, active directory and account management for Linux systems.
The selected candidate must possess a consistent self-starting attitude with the desire to learn and grow in their field. He or she must be team player willing to work and lead cooperatively with users, integrators, analysts and other systems administrators in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux operating systems. CentOS experience in particular is strongly preferred.
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) or prior DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prior tactical SA experience in HWIL lab environment.
- Prior working experience with the IAMD Battle Command System (IBCS).
- Experience with Windows and Virtual Machine (VM) environments.
- Experience with networking and configuring network devices such as switches, routers and firewalls.
- Experience with NetApp or other similar data storage appliances.
- BS degree or equivalent work experience
- CompTIA Security+ certification required and must be maintained.
- Linux+ certification required and must be maintained.
Current DoD SECRET clearance is required.