Software Airworthiness Engineer SL2019090919-002 Apply HERE
Signalink, Inc., Madison, AL
Duties and Responsibilities
Signalink is seeking a candidate that to support the Systems Simulation, Software and Integration (S3I) in Huntsville, AL.
The candidate will be expected to perform software systems airworthiness evaluations for Army Aviation systems as well as provide software technical expertise, participate in systems reviews, and provide software airworthiness assessments to the Aviation Engineering Directorate (AED). Candidates will often be required to work individually or as a member of a SW Airworthiness team.
- Verify OEM deliverables are in compliance with RTCA/DO-178C, MIL-STD-882E, and Data Item Descriptions.
- Participate in customer meetings such as Stages of Involvement, Software Readiness Reviews, Formal Qualification/Performance Verification Testing, and Technical Interchange Meetings.
- Understanding of software engineering and development principles, in particular, have a general knowledge of source code, software development life cycles (i.e. Agile), and hexadecimal/binary numbers.
- Configure memorandums that effectively communicate compliance issues with the documents and standards listed above, along with engineering malpractices, discrepancies, and ill-advised methods that can present potential flaws and risks in the software, hardware, and overall system development.
- Excellent communication to provide thorough reasoning and explanations for comments against deliverables under review and be able to support decisions when explaining to customers and superiors.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a recognized engineering field with five (5) or more years of experience.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills for effective interaction with customers and co-workers.
Highly Desired Technical Skills and Experience
Aviation and airworthiness background/knowledge.
Applicants must currently hold a DoD security clearance at the secret level.