Design Engineer Apply HERE
Signalink, Inc., Madison, AL
The Design Engineer will work with a diverse team to integrate hardware, software, and/or firmware on military platforms. This includes all aspects of Non-Recurring Engineering efforts leading to approved Technical Data Package development. The Design Engineer will be responsible for end-to-end support through the prototype, validation, verification lifecycle to include requirements development, technology scouting, proof-of-concept demonstrations, obsolescence upgrades, technology insertion/refresh, kit fabrication, integration of A/B-kits, and functional/acceptance testing.
General duties for this position will consist of the 1) development of design data to support the procurement, fabrication and/or installation of components on DoD weapons systems, 2) conducting Analysis of Alternatives to optimize design parameters, 3) performing detailed airworthiness analyses (or other supporting analyses) of design data to ensure safe operations to personnel and equipment, and 4) providing engineering subject matter expertise to operational, maintenance, and/or logistics tasks as necessary to support overall project requirements.
This position requires the Design Engineer to evaluate all aspects of a platform modification project, as an individual contributor, and in collaboration with other engineers, designers, analysts, software developers, and testers. Oral, written, and presentation communication skills are essential.
- Conduct trade studies for technology insertion, obsolescence upgrades and/or technology scouting efforts to identify potential design solutions
- Develop and/or track program requirements
- Carries out preliminary and detailed design work including 3D modeling, simulation and design validation/verification testing, as required
- Responsible for the specification compliance of designs
- Responsible for creation of 2D drawings to allow manufacture or purchase
- Responsible for part selection taking into consideration obsolescence, availability and cost
- Responsible for preparing and presenting designs at design reviews
- Ensures design files and information are kept up to date, and stored in accordance with procedures
- Keeps up to date with the latest drawing standards to include ASME Y.14 and MIL-STD-31000
- Works closely with operations, manufacturing and production groups to ensure products are designed for manufacturability
- Responsible for reporting progress of all assigned tasks to the Engineering Manager and Project Management teams
- Creation of technical reports and documentation as required for Military/Aerospace projects to include airworthiness reports
Experience with multiple Army aviation platforms and systems is highly desirable.
A bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university is required. This position requires a minimum of 5 years of overall engineering experience with specific previous experience in current US Army or DoD aviation systems.
Applicants must currently hold a DoD security clearance at the secret level.
Work is performed primarily in an office or lab environment with adequate environmental (heating/cooling) control. The noise level in the work environment will be moderate due to noises associated with computer equipment, equipment racks, and environmental control systems. For some efforts, tactical equipment will be operated outdoors in field conditions to include weather extremes and on tactical generator power. Offsite work is performed primarily at Government locations in climate-controlled facilities but will occasionally require installation, inspection and setup of equipment outdoors.I,A1101_3632_0
Founded in 2005, Signalink is a certified Woman, Minority, and Veteran Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in Technical Services, Information Solutions and Systems Integration services within Federal markets.
AS9100D with ISO 9001:2015 certified with a commitment to excellence, Signalink provides the very best Information Engineering, Technical Solutions & Services and Operations support to our customers cost effectively and efficiently. We will accomplish everything we do in an ethical, honest and professional manner.
Signalink, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.